Shortbread wedges are also known as petticoat tails.
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄4 tsp salt
2 tsp Gingerbread Spices
2 tbsp icing sugar
1⁄4 tsp Gingerbread Spices
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour, salt and gingerbread spice, beating until dough forms.
- Press dough into a 9” springform pan or pie plate. Using a fork, crimp edges, then score into 12 'petticoat tail' wedges with a knife. Prick each with a fork in 3 places. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325° F (160° C).
- Bake for 40–45 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes. Leave shortbread in pan and cut into wedges along the scored lines.
- Sift icing sugar and Gingerbread Spice together over petticoat tails. Do not remove from pan until completely cooled.