1 tsp oregano
1⁄2 cup olive or vegetable oil
16 - 20 chicken pieces, such as thighs or drumsticks
- Finely grate 1 tbsp peel from lemon, then squeeze out juice. Place both in a large bowl and add Seasonings, oil and chicken. Toss to coat evenly.
- Turn into 1 or 2 large plastic bags. Seal and marinate in refrigerator up to 8 hours.
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Drain then discard excess marinade from chicken. Season meat with Sea Salt and Pepper.
- Grill, turning pieces often, for 25–35 minutes, until cooked through. Reduce heat to medium-low if necessary. Or, cook chicken indoors using a stove-top grill pan.
- Serve warm or, if making ahead, cover and refrigerate overnight.